We are a non-profit professional organization established to:
- Advance the technical practice of structural engineering through meetings, seminars and education programs.
- Improve the professional and administrative practices of structural engineering consultants and practitioners.
- Advance proper legislation relating to structural engineering practice.
- Establish a network among Members of the Association and to communicate information of common interests to structural professionals.
- Cultivate social contacts within its Membership and by closer association and better mutual understanding, discourage unethical and detrimental practices and inspirit a resolve to act collectively to benefit the structural profession.
- Serve the public; to encourage the pursuit of excellence in the practice of structural engineering, and to maintain the honor and dignity of the profession.
- Serve as consultant to the public on matters pertaining to structural engineering and design guidelines.